Submitted by: Prof. René Berger
As the title suggests, my intention is to present “Culture live on Internet” – a challenge in itself. There can be no question of confining it to a traditional, concept-based discussion, albeit with the aid of slides. A new approach is required, which can be outlined as follows:
- This paper (or rather the text, its written expression) will form not the ideas involved as a whole, but the main thread of the experience we are about to share;
- This means that the screen (or pages of this publication) is no longer simply a place intended for illustration and documentation; it offers sites that we will open and consult together in real time;
- The innovation involves breaking with the limits of a traditional debate and opening it up, outside those limits, to the whole network;
- Finally, it is essential to bear in mind that internet is evolving continually, at a speed hitherto unknown, and that the outcome – cyberculture – is being transformed almost as we speak;
- Which means we need to be prepared to break with our mental habits and open up to those required by the experience of the “Net”.