### The Second Annual Olympic Edition
**International Olympic Academy: 11th Joint International Session for Presidents or Directors of National Olympic Academies and Officials of National Olympic Committees**
#### Table of Contents
1. [Foreward – The Sport Journal](#forward)
2. [Introduction to the Vision, Mission and History of the International Olympic Academy](/article/introduction-vision-mission-and-history-international-olympic-academy)
3. [Opening Remarks of the 11th Joint International Session for Directors of National Olympic Academies by Mr. Isidoros Kouvelos](/article/ioa-president-s-opening-remarks-11th-joint-international-session-directors-national-olympic-)
4. [Medicine and the Olympic Games of Antiquity by Dr. Spyros Retsas](/article/medicine-and-olympic-games-antiquity)
5. [The Importance of New Forms of Technology in the Dissemination of Humanistic Ideas by Dr. T.J. Rosandich](/article/importance-new-forms-technology-dissemination-humanistic-ideas)
6. [The Digital Revolution Impact to Olympic Education by Dr. Axel Horn](http://thesportjournal.org/article/digital-revolution-impact-olympic-education)
7. [Interdisciplinary Approach of the Teaching of Olympic Principles to the Students by Dr. A M. Najeeb](/article/interdisciplinary-approach-teaching-olympic-principles-students)
8. [Teaching the Olympic Values within the Educational System by Dr. Yohan Blondel](/article/teaching-olympic-values-within-educational-system)
9. [Youth Olympic Games – From Vision to Success by Mr. Ng Ser Miang](/article/youth-olympic-games-vision-success)
10. [The Role of Olympic Education in Today’s Sport World by Dr. Margaret Talbot](/files/olympic-edition/2011/The_Role_of_Olympic_Education_in_Today_s_Sport_World_by_Dr._Margaret_Talbot.pdf)
11. [Two United States Olympic Committee Olympism Programs](/article/two-united-states-olympic-committee-olympism-programs-team-usa-ambassador-program-and-olympi)
12. [IOA Closing Remarks on Behalf of the Lecturers by Dr. T.J. Rosandich](/article/closing-remarks-behalf-lecturers)
13. [IOA President’s Closing Remarks on the 11th Joint International Session for Directors of National Olympic Academies by Isidoros Kouvelos](/article/ioa-president-s-closing-remarks-11th-joint-international-session-directors-national-olympic-)
This second annual special Olympic Edition from the United States Sports Academy’s _The Sport Journal_ is dedicated to the International Olympic Academy (IOA) and its worldwide programs.
In May, the International Olympic Academy held its 11th Joint International Session for Presidents or Directors of National Olympic Academies and Officials of National Olympic Committees in Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympics. Dignitaries from around the world gave presentations on the issues vital to “Olympism,” with a special focus on the youth
and the future of Olympism in an ever-changing global world.
The seven presentations at the conference spanned some 3,000 years of human existence, discussing medicine in the ancient Olympic Games to reaching youth about Olympism in today’s Information Age. A common theme was the role of education in spreading the Olympic ideals and values of fair play, respect, meritocracy and peace.
Students at the IOA use _The Sport Journal_ as reference material for their work more than any other journal. With more than 500,000 unique visitors per year, _The Sport Journal_ is the most read sport journal in the world.
These pieces are based on live presentations by experts from a variety of academic disciplines. Because they are being introduced here to a wide, general audience, _The Sport Journal_ has relaxed its standard rule requiring entries to adhere to American Psychological Association style.
We hope you enjoy reading the second annual Olympic Edition and learn valuable insights from the presentations by the Olympic scholars at the May 2011 session in Greece.
_The Sport Journal_ Editor
United States Sports Academy